We are seeking an experienced chef who is passionate about preparing fresh and wholesome meals for children in our purpose-built and fully equipped kitchen. If this is you and you want to work for a dynamic & professional company and be part of a supportive and stimulating environment with great resources, apply today!
This is a permanent full-time role with 38 hours a week, working Monday to Friday.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience and passion for cooking and presenting a wide variety of nutritious foods that are suitable for children aged 3months to 6 years;
- Cert III in Cookery and Food Handling Certificate
- Working with children check
- Be experienced in developing a rotating menu for children, including those with allergy and intolerance requirements;
- Be reliable, timely and super organised
- Showcase our Company values – Genuine, Accountable, Positive. These are the foundation of our organisation and our commitment and investment in our teams.
- Have good time management skills and be confident in managing a kitchen
- Enjoy working with families, colleagues and children
- Experience in baking highly regarded
- Experience in catering for events highly regarded
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing for a nutritious and on-time morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late snack for babies and children each day, including the preparation of purees and special dietary meals
- Menu planning, in accordance with the centre’s nutrition policy and guidelines;
- Working in line with budgets and local suppliers;
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen, in accordance with Food and Council Authority requirements
If you feel like you have the right qualifications, skills and personal attributes to meet the role requirements, apply today and send over your cover letter, along with an attached resume.
Comments are closed.