Book a tour to learn more about ToBeMe
Thank you for taking the time to consider coming to see us. Please submit your details in the form below. We would love to arrange a tour so that we can meet you, show you around our centre and see us in action and better understand your family’s needs. If you prefer, you can always call us on (02) 9744 0066.
Understanding the Child Care Rebate can be confusing at times. The Child Care Rebate at the moment covers 50% of out of pocket child care expenses for approved child care, with an annual limit placed per child. This is due to change in July 2017 as the Child Care Rebate begins to be replaced with the Child Care Subsidy.
How Do You Know if You’re Eligible for the Child Care Rebate?
If you’re unsure whether you are eligible for the Child Care Rebate you can check with Centrelink here. Basic eligibility guidelines include:
- you use a child care service that is approved by the Child Care Benefit Scheme
- you claim and are eligible for Child Care Benefit for approved child care, even if you earn too much to receive payment, and
- you and your partner meet the Work, Training, Study test for Child Care Rebate, or meet an exception
What Types of Childcare is Eligible for the Rebate?
Childcare comes in numerous forms and as long as the eligibility guidelines are met, the types of childcare eligible are:
- long day care
- family day care
- outside school hours care
- vacation care
- in home care, and
- occasional care
How is the Rebate Going to Change?
To be eligible for the new Child Care Subsidy, families will need to:
- use an approved child care service for a child who is under 13 years of age and is up to date with their immunisations
- be completely responsible in paying all childcare fees
- meet residency requirements
- meet a 3 step activity test (working, studying, training or other recognised activity), or be exempt for a particular reason
The Child Care Subsidy and Additional Child Care Subsidy will start from 1 July 2017 and is ongoing.
Who is Eligible for the New Child Care Subsidy?
In July, 2017 Child Care Subsidy and the Child Care Safety Net will replace the Child Care Rebate and the Child Care benefit.
The Child Care Safety Net will include:
- Additional Child Care Subsidy: From 1 July 2017 this subsidy will provide targeted additional assistance for families who are disadvantaged to minimise barriers to participation and provide access to early learning.
- Community Child Care Fund: From 1 July 2017 this fund will provide a competitive grants programme for approved child care services to reduce barriers so that childcare is accessible to all.
Need Help Understanding the New Child Care Subsidy?
ToBeMe is an eligible child care centre and is here to help you ensure your eligibility for both the current Child Care Rebate and the new Child Care Subsidy.
The real secret behind our ToBeMe Early Learning CurriculumTM is that it is tailored to suit each and every child. Through the four key connections of learning and teaching, your child is given the best opportunity to learn and grow. Contact us for more information today.