At ToBeMe, our goal is simple: to spark a love of learning from an early age and encourage children on a lifelong journey in education that inspires, excites and fuels their imagination. Through our unique ToBeMe Curriculum™, architecturally-designed learning spaces and a focus on relationships – we aim to provide children with the best possible environment to learn, play, grow, and become their best selves.
ToBeMe Early Learning CurriculumTM
Children learn by forming and connecting concepts. For a child, self-identity is very important, and making that connection of who they are and their place in the world is made easy at ToBeMe. We base the ToBeMe Early Learning Curriculum™ on four key connections: Self-Connection, Social Connection, Physical Connection, and Learning Connection.
Our campus-style learning spaces in both Burwood and Five Dock have been specifically designed by Sarah Scott, author of Architecture for Children. The design of our centres encourages children to transition from one room to another many times throughout the day, leaving their ‘work projects’ for next time. This instils in children the value of ‘work’ as a meaningful concept that does not always need to be packed away.
We also use this as an opportunity to extend children’s focus, as these projects can take many forms and can successfully go on for weeks. Having the centre designed like a primary school also helps prepare children for primary school. Children who begin school confidently are more likely to have more positive outcomes throughout the educational journey.
Thought Leadership Team
Key to ensuring that the ToBeMe Early Learning CurriculumTM remains relevant and that operationally we are at our best, is our partnership with a professional team of thought leaders in early learning.
Participants of the thought leadership team reflect experts in various fields including parenting, education, literacy, children’s therapy, nutrition, physical activity and workplace culture. Our thought leadership team share research and trends, participate in family seminars and have a large influence on ToBeMe’s philosophy.
Why ToBeMe Early Learning gives childcare a whole new meaning
- Holistic curriculum combining the best of the best teaching methods to nurture different ways of learning
- Purpose-built learning spaces including a gym, LEGO® room, library and children’s restaurant
- On-site chef serving five fresh, healthy and delicious meals each day as well as teaching children about how food is made through kids cooking classes.
- Secure buildings with swipe key access to all main entry points
- Opening hours that support working families: 7am – 6pm
- Prep School classroom complete with ‘big school’ program, uniforms, and recess / lunch bell times
- Gymnasium and daily sports lessons taught by a qualified sports instructor
- Library time every day, including free book-borrowing service for families wishing to continue reading at home
- Piano lessons taught by a qualified piano teacher every day in partnership with the Ebenezer Music School (ages 3 and up)
- Outdoor herb and vegetable garden teaching children about growing fresh ingredients and farm-to-plate food preparation
In addition to the above, there are 8 Core Values embedded into our everyday teaching practice aimed at instilling valuable life and interpersonal skills in children from an early age:
- Environmental awareness
To show our appreciation, we are offering to waive the $300 enrolment fee for our Foundation Families (those who enrol and commence with ToBeMe prior to 30 September 2018). Which means all that’s required to enrol your child today is a $200 bond!*
Daily Rate – Burwood
Under 3 years: $150
3 years and over: $135-$150
Daily Rate – Five Dock
Under 3 years: $150
3 years and over: $150
*Bond is per family and fully refundable
(based on minimum 4 weeks’ notice)
It is also possible to reserve a spot on our waiting list for a later start date. Find out more by calling us on (02) 9744 0066.
To make it easy for families to get in touch with our team, enquiries can be submitted via our online contact forms.